Working together giving patients hope
Greenbrook TMS NeuroHealth Centers accepts Medicare, all United Healthcare, all Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Multi-plan (which could include Cigna, Aetna, Kaiser, and many others). Other insurance providers may cover TMS Therapy on a case by case basis.
Upon Referral, Your Patient Should Expect the Following:
- Complimentary Consultation – Our office will contact your patient to schedule
Relevant medical history, including prior/current medications and psychotherapy will be discussed.
- Pre-Assessment conducted by one of our Medical Directors, psychiatrists with specialized training in TMS Therapy, to determine candidacy for treatment
Greenbrook TMS NeuroHealth Centers is the leading provider of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy (TMS Therapy), an FDA-cleared treatment for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). With a visionary Executive Team and an accomplished Clinical Staff, we are continually expanding awareness and access to TMS Therapy. Since opening our doors in 2011, we have treated over 600 patients and completed more than 20,000 treatment sessions. The results are exciting; 75% of our patients have successfully responded to treatment by experiencing reduced depressive symptoms or remission.
About our Patients
Despite having treated with medication and psychotherapy, many patients come to us after years of suffering with depression. It is a well-known occurrence that many patients experience treatment resistance to these medications. As many as 40% of patients with MDD are found to be unresponsive to a trial of antidepressant medication [Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 2001; 62(suppl6):18-25]. Over the years we have been treating a growing number of patients much earlier in the suffering of their illness. We attribute this rise to our efforts in creating awareness and access; a successful response rate and overall patient satisfaction; as well as the increasing number of insurance companies providing coverage for TMS Therapy. It is immensely gratifying when patients share how TMS Therapy has restored the quality of their lives. We look forward to helping many others.
About TMS Therapy
TMS Therapy is a treatment modality for those diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) who have failed to receive benefit from one prior anti-depressant medication at/or above the minimum effective dose and duration during their current episode. TMS Therapy can be used in conjunction with medication or as a stand-alone treatment. TMS Therapy applies targeted magnetic pulses to areas of the brain involved in mood regulation, areas that researchers have objectively identified on brain scan imaging to be underactive in people diagnosed with depression. Magnetic pulses activate neurons, thereby improving the brain’s ability to regulate mood. Over 300,000 TMS Therapy treatments have been safely performed on more than 12,000 patients throughout the United States.
Typical Course of Treatment
Although treatment varies by individual, a typical treatment course consists of:
- Average of 20–30 treatment sessions
- Conducted over a 4–6 week period
- 5 treatments per week
- Each treatment session lasts approximately 30–40 minutes
- Non-Systemic – nothing enters the bloodstream
- Non-Sedating – patient remains awake and alert during treatment and can resume usual routine, including driving
- Non-Invasive – nothing is inserted or implanted into the body
- Non-Drug – no drug related side effects such as weight gain, drowsiness, nausea, insomnia, gastrointestinal distress and decreased libido
- FDA Cleared & Proven – 2 out of every 3 patients had a reduction in depression scores after a 4-week treatment period